Balmain SS11

via style.com
Here you are! My favourite SS11 collection designed by Christophe Decarnin for Balmain. It's pure punk with a little glam touch. The reason I posted all 32 looks is obviously because I love them all! Black leather, shredded tops, studded garments, bleached and metallic trousers and rough jackets - all those items are the dream!

In summer I have to customise a jacket with leather, studs and safety pins. A bit of bleach should also be thrown in! That's a DIY project I'm looking forward to!

Unfortunately, it was announced in April this year that designer Christophe Decarnin has left the fashion house Balmain. Olivier Rousteing, who is with Balmain since 2009, will replace him from now on. I'm very curious to see his work.
Also, there will be a diffusion line from this autumn, this means that garments similar to the main collections will be sold at much cheaper prices. The designs will launch under the name Pierre Balmain, the man who founded the brand in 1945.

What about you? Do you like this collection? What do you think about the designer replacement?

3 comments:

  1. I love this collection since day one! I want to make some DIY safety pins tee.
    I adore Balmain girl style.

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...