David Koma SS11

style.com
This is one of my favourite SS11 collections! David Koma, a new and fresh designer, created a collection which adds a tough and futuristic edge to womenswear. He makes use of sharp, defined and beautifully asymmetrical cuts and intensifies the effect with soft leather and shiny, metallic phyton. I just love it. (How great would one of dresses look when paired with my favourite Burberry jackets? Though, it might be a bit of an overkill...)
What I also enjoy is the order of the catwalk looks: The show starts with innocent looking garments and slowly gets darker and stronger. 
I would say this collection is a great mixture of Tron: Legacy and Black Swan.

I saw the designer himself talking to a few people at London Fashion Week in February. He seemed like a really nice guy! Unfortunately, I could not compliment David on his successful collection... Next time then :D

What are your thoughts and opinions about the designs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...