Yohji Yamamoto SS11

via style.com
I'm sure most of you have seen this collection already but I'll post it again, just to remind each other of Mr Yohji Yamamoto's mastered shapes! 

Black is normally a colour I only wear in winter and even then I tried to avoid it but those pieces are totally different from the norm. They make black look more interesting and appealing to me. The magic comes from their shapes and how they are cut. I would love to wear one of those black, assymetric dresses and mix it with all kind of things. The boots used by the designer make the look appear even more heavy but he manages to break it off with the beautiful pale faces and bodies of the models.

The colourful prints he designed are like the ultimate opposite to the thick, black garments. It's very strange for me to see such a dark clothing combined with a fruity piece, but it seems to work!
And last, can anyone tell me if the skirt is made out of air mattress material?? It looks very much like it hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. The quiet genious! I met him in London last march and he is soo lovely! I adore him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a good designer! Love the whole collection!:)

    xoxo Farah from FashionFabrice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...