LFW Day 2

Day two started with Florian Jayet's show. I was seated in the front row and soon the show started to the soundtrack of Tron: Legacy. Inspired by different tribes such as the Aztec and Maori, Florian Jayet brought the traditional look to the future thanks to clean silhouettes and metallic details. The designer added even more power to the collection with his leather headpieces and chunky platforms.
After the show I took the tube to St. Paul's, were the House of Holland show was about to start. I went there to photograph the crowd and spotted Alexa Chung, Susie Lau and a bunch of people wearing tights and crochet dresses by House of Holland.
Alexa Chung and her silver wedges. Below is Susie Lau.

Then it was time for the Spijkers en Spijkers show. The designers successfully combined the 20s, 50s and Art Deco and updated it to a modern version with the help of neon accessories such as headbands and earrings.
After the show I had a bit of time left and went back to Somerset House to photograph people again. The guy you see above with the blue glitter make-up had a red version of it on the first day of LFW.
Soon it started to rain quite heavily so I seeked shelter in Somerset House where I suddenly spotted Kate Lanphear next to me! I asked if I could take a photo of her and she replied with "Sure!". Excited as I was, I forgot about the camera settings and the photograph turned out very dark but I managed to rescue it in Photoshop. Still, I'm really happy that I got to photograph her :)
If you also can't get enough of her style, check out this blog, dedicated the the one and only Kate Lanphear.
Next on my schedule was Bernard Chandran. The collection was very Parisian, very chic as clothes were embridered with sequins and feathers. Coats were also an important garment of focus; there was a choice between lady-like soft transparent ones and heavy but sexy black leather coats. I also loved the collars, especially the red one you can see below.
The Shao Yen presentation showed a new level to luxe sportswear. Elegant fabrics such as satin and leather were toned down with simple and easy cuts and coloured in hues such as burning orange and vibrant turquoise.
My last show of the day was Ashley Isham, also my favourite one. The intricate embroidery on satin and leather (again!) made the pieces stand out from far away. The atmosphere felt very rich and opulent, strengthened by the beautiful Livery Hall in Goldsmith's Hall, were the collection was shown.
Today my first show is in the afternoon which leaves me plenty of time to run around and watch people. Curious to see what today's fash pack is wearing.
Again, stay up-to-daate by following me on twitter and instagram @styleexplorer
Speak to you soon!


Follow The Style Explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...